Saturday, September 3, 2011

Me. Myself. I.

So I figure if your reading this you're going to need to know a little bit about myself so you understand exactly where my opinions come from. I'm not about to bog you down with some "Once upon a time..." story, so we'll make this brief.

I was born in a small town, raised in a small town, and quickly realized that I did not want to continue to live in that small town. It had a small town mentality, and by that I mean closed minded. So I went away to college, full of myself and thinking that I was invincible. I was doing well until I decided to come home between classes to find some drunk guy getting the five-finger discount in my closet. Needless to say, hyjinx ensued which landed me in the hospital, him in the can, and my aprents firmly in the mindset that I needed to come home. So I did.

I went home, attended community college for a semester, and then ran. So now I'm at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. Some of you might know where that is, good for you, now go get a life. Anyway, I'm a Biology major there, hip deep in my Junior year. Don't let that confuse you as to my age. I'm twenty-one about to be twenty-two. I love college, I really do, but I'm ready to be done and on my way to medical school. To that end, I'm Volunteering on a Surgical Intensive Care Unit and working the Emergency Department of OSF Saint Francis here in Peoria. It's opened my eyes to a few things, which you'll prolly hear about later. Anyways, that's it, my life in retrospect and abridge.

Dueces and Later Days

No comments:

Post a Comment